U.S. PASSPORT APPLICATION: DS-11
- Print two (2) copies of the (completed) passport application. Once you present to the acceptance agent it will be used for processing your passport, and the second will serve as reference for us should there be questions regarding your application.
- Do not sign the form as you will need to sign it in front of an agent. See instructions under authorization process below.
- The application must be completed online - handwritten applications are not accepted.
- Primary evidence of U.S. citizenship:
- An original certified birth certificate issued by a U.S. city, county, or state, an original or certified “long form” birth certificate from the Office of Vital Statistics showing both parents’ full names, the certificate must have a raised seal.
- Certified birth certificates missing both parents full names will not be acceptable as evidence of U.S. citizenship. You can acquire a certified birth certificate from the Office of Vital Statistics in your state of birth.
- Hospital issued birth certificates are not acceptable to apply for a U.S. passport.
- Complete the DS-11 passport application form online and print (Click here)
- To view a correctly formatted DS-11 passport form (Click here)
PROOF OF IDENTITY
- When applying for a U.S. passport, acceptable identification must be presented at the time of application.
- Primary identification (One of the following):
- Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport
- Naturalization certificate
- Valid driver's license
- Current government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current military ID (military and dependents)
- When you proceed to the post office or courthouse the clerk will take your driver's license or ID details. (Click here) to locate the nearest passport agent to your location.
LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION
- Letter must have an original signature; faxes, scans, photocopies, etc. are not accepted by the United States Passport Agency.
- Complete and sign two authorization letters. One letter will be placed inside your sealed envelope by the clerk, the other will be placed inside your FedEx package.
- Note: Please generate your order with Travel Visa Plus and we will provide you with the (LOA) Letter of Authorization to complete your transaction.
PROOF OF DEPARTURE
- Proof of departure (showing travel within two weeks or less), such as a photocopy of airline tickets, an airline or travel agent generated travel itinerary, or a letter from a customer's employer indicating urgent business travel, must be submitted with your application. It is not required for the proof of departure to be purchased only that it will confirm your intentions.
- (Please include one copy inside the sealed envelope, a second copy will be placed inside your FedEx package).
MINORS - 16 YEARS AND YOUNGER
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS
- Both parents or child's legal guardian must:
Present evidence of child's U.S. citizenship (One of the following):
- Previously issued, undamaged US passport
- Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state
- Consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth
- Naturalization certificate
- Certificate of citizenship and:
Present evidence they are the child's parents or guardian (One of the following):
- Minors certified US birth certificate with BOTH parents' names
- Minors certified foreign birth certificate with BOTH parents' names
- Minors report of birth abroad with BOTH parents' names
- Adoption decree with adopting parents' names
- Court order establishing custody
- Court order establishing guardianship and:
Show valid personal identification, and sign and take oath before an authorized passport acceptance agent.
- If the second parent is not available, the appearing parent must do as above, and print and complete the following form:
DS-3053: Statement of consent - Issuance of a passport to a minor under age 16 (Click here)
- If you are applying for a regular U.S. passport book only, please mark the box on your passport application next to (Passport Book). If you also want to apply for a U.S. passport card you should also mark the box next (Passport Card). There is an additional $30.00 (Adults) $35.00 (Minors) U.S. government fee for the passport card, the U.S. passport cards cannot be expedited at this time and take approximately 2-3 weeks to be issued, the passport card will be processed separately from your regular passport book (in about 2-3 weeks) then mailed to you directly by first class mail from the U.S. Passport Agency.
- The U.S. passport card increases speed and efficiency to meet the new travel requirements for land and sea border crossing of nearby countries. An extra form of official government ID which will conveniently fit in your wallet. Use your passport card to travel by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bahamas and the Caribbean without your bulky passport book. The passport card is valid for 10 years.
PASSPORT APPOINTMENT REQUIRED
- If you require same day (Emergency) you must have an appointment to proceed. Please call Travel Visa Plus so we may schedule an appointment with the U.S. Passport Agency on your behalf (A personal appearance at the U.S. Passport Agency or Travel Visa Office is not required). Travel Visa Plus must receive your documents at least one business day prior to your appointment.
- Call: 415-463-6266
ORDER FORM AND SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS
- Please note exactly what you will need within the 'fees' section in sending us your passport application for processing. Please forward all items requested to (Travel Visa Plus, 851 34th Ave, San Francisco, CA 94121). Please use a secured and traceable method when sending.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
- Personal / Company Check (for regular processing only) (Simply use the manual TVP Order Form from the sites resources page)
- Money Order / Cashiers Check (Simply use the manual TVP Order Form from the sites resources page)
- Credit Card / Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover (Click the green order form button and pay on-line)
- All credit card payments are subject to a convenience fee
WANT "VIP SERVICE"
No time for forms, difficult government questions and requirements?