Have Questions?

Please see the most asked questions or give us a call!

  • If you were older than 16 when your passport was issued it is valid for 10 years.  Child passports are only valid for 5 years.  You will never renew a child passport; you will always have to apply for a NEW passport
  • The Issue Date of your passport can be found on the data page of your Passport Book or on the front of your Passport Card.
  • If possible, you should renew your passport approximately nine (9) months before it expires. Some countries require that your passport be valid at least six (6) months beyond the dates of your trip. Most airlines will not allow you to board if this requirement is not met.
  • If your passport expired less than 5 years ago, you may follow directions for passport renewal.
  • Effective February 1, 2008, Public Law 106-113, Section 236 requires that U.S. passport applications for children under the age of 16 require both parents' or legal guardians' consent.   Both parents must appear with the child at the post office or county clerk to get the application sealed OR one parent may appear with the child and bring a consent form from the parent not present. 
  • The consent form can be found under resources/forms on the Travel Visa Plus website. 
  • A visa is an authority issued by the embassy/consulate of a country that permits a traveler to visit that particular country. The majority of visas are stamped inside your passport. (A small number of visas are either separate documents to be carried with the passport or issued electronically.)
  • Visas are issued with specific limitations regarding purpose of visit, length of stay, validity of visa, etc. It is the traveler's responsibility to obtain necessary visas before their travel. 
  • The Embassies and Consulates of various countries are authorized to grant visas. Appropriate visa documentation must be presented to the embassy/consulate in proper order for the visa to be issued.
  • Travel Visa Plus obtains visas on travelers' behalf by submitting proper visa documentation to the embassy/consulate. This eliminates the need for the traveler to visit, communicate and correspond directly with the embassy/consulate. 
  • Visa invitations /confirmations are documents approved by the Foreign Ministry of the country of travel which authorize a particular traveler to visit their country. Most often, they indicate specific information regarding the itinerary (dates of stay, name of hosting organization, cities of visit) as well as an official reference number and seal of approval.
  • Required formats for invitations and confirmations vary per country. 
  • The fees to process a travel visa include a consular fee and a Travel Visa Plus fee.  The consular fee is a fee charged by the country that is issuing the travel visa.   These charges must be paid to the consulate issuing the travel visa whether the visa is issued by Travel Visa Plus or not.  Please note that the consular fees are subject to change without advance notice at any time by various governments. 
  • The cost of using Travel Visa Plus varies based on the services you have requested and how quickly you need the documentation to be processed.  The fees established by TVP are in place to facilitate and maintain the highest quality of travel visa and passport processing possible.  Travel Visa Plus service fees and consular fees charged by the country issuing the travel visa will be clearly listed on the 'Fees' button on every countries site.  For those countries not listed, please forward an inquiry form and we will immediately get back to you.

The TVP blog is where travelers get expert advice, tips and news to make traveling easier!

Join thousands of other travelers who receive news, advisories, visa & passport policy updates and expert travel tips.

Still have a question?

You might have a unique or vague question that you can't find an answer for on the site.  Please contact our support team or write an email with the details of the problem or question that you have . Rest assured that someone will help you to get your problem solved easily.


No time for forms, difficult government questions and requirements?